Mining Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Training
New Miner Training
This course is designed to assist you in meeting Mining Safety and Health Administration
(MSHA) Part 48 requirements for most above-ground mines or above-ground operations at underground mines.
- Mandatory health and safety standards.
- Transportation controls and communication systems.
- Escape and emergency evacuation plans; fire warning and firefighting.
- Ground control; working in areas of high walls, water hazards, pits, spoil banks, illumination and night work.
- First aid.
- Electrical hazards.
- Prevention of accidents.
- Self-rescue and respiratory devices.
May include other health and safety subjects that are relevant to mining operations at the mine.
Recommended subjects include, but are not limited to, information about the physical and health hazards of chemicals in the miner’s work area, the protective measures a miner can take against these hazards, and the contents of the mine’s HazCom program.